Thursday 16 April 2015


 
 
A few days ago I was attending a workshop. As I made my way back into the hall after the lunch break and was settling down on my seat….a patch of blood on the note book and the pen in my hand surprised me. Thinking that I had crushed a mosquito inadvertently underneath the note book…..I showed my blood stained thumb to my colleague sitting next to me and rushed towards the washroom to wash my hand. A few seconds after keeping my thumb under running water I realised that the blood wasn’t that of a dead mosquito, it was oozing out from a tiny but deep cut in my own  thumb. In my anxiety to rush back to the conference hall  so that I did not miss marking the all important attendance sheet for the session….I assumed that it must have been a rough edge of the handle of the washroom door and safely pressed my thumb against a handkerchief till it stopped bleeding. Now when I look back at that pretty ordinary incident something pricks me and tells me it is always easy to rely on a convenient presumption and remain in a state of blissful ignorance…. our own actions at times lead to hurt which we are unable to see….. Friends do read the book to explore all shades of human emotions…
 
Bottom of Form

 

No comments:

Post a Comment